Software Engineer, Mobile Development (iOS & Android)
at Malloc ( View all jobs)
Location: Nicosia, Cyprus
🔐 About Malloc
Malloc monitors and prevents anyone from recording or transmitting data without your knowledge whether this is spyware or an app that is exploiting provided consent. With more than 200K installs our android mobile app, Antistalker, is used by people all over the world to monitor when other applications are using their microphone, camera, or sending data without their consent.
We’re backed by incredible investors like Y Combinator, Urban Innovation Fund, Dracon Capital, NLA Ventures, and well-known accredited angels highly involved in tech.
This is an opportunity to join an early-stage startup as one of the first employees and build solutions that protect users’ data and privacy.
As a Software engineer, Mobile Development at Malloc, you will contribute to every part of our codebase — from our customer-facing mobile applications to the system architecture to the APIs, and SDKs. The applications you build will compound in effectiveness to empower our growing customer base, team, partners, and third-party consumers.
Your day-to-day work will directly help people and companies protect their data and provide them with power and control over what is happening in their devices. Here are a few examples of the types of projects you’ll work on:
- Antistalker Android — Our debut app which notifies users when their camera or microphone is in use, shows them how much data applications send over time, and helps them protect!
- Malloc iOS — iOS app for privacy and data security.
This role is ideal for engineers invigorated by solving difficult problems and by building software with a large impact. You’ll be one of the first engineers at an early-stage startup, and should be excited to apply your analytical, hacker-first, mindset towards problems of all types.
😀 Who you are
- Driven by impact: You consistently see the possibility in what could be. The idea that you can make the future better than the present is exciting — and you want to be surrounded by others that share this ambition.
- Learn by doing: You are motivated by results, and naturally understand which problems are most important to solve first. When challenges arise, you believe the best way to solve them is by tackling them head-on.
- Form deep relationships: You can easily put yourself in others’ shoes and enjoy understanding varying perspectives. You’ve found a result of this tendency are relationships you care about deeply.
✅ What You’ll Do
- Architect and implement
- Establish engineering best practices for code deployment, review, and development
- Pull from previous engineering experiences to creatively solve real-world mobile, data privacy, and cyber security, problems
- Lead product and feature implementation while balancing customer, team member, and stakeholder requirements with engineering team priorities
- Technologies we use: Android, Swift, Flutter, Firebase, Python, and AWS (if you think of a new technology can solve an engineering problem better, we’re all ears)
🎁 What we offer
- Competitive salary 🚀
- Great environment and vacation time!
- Flexible Working hours/ WFH 💻
- Opportunities to shape the future of Malloc and grow into leadership roles 💌
📨 Interested in applying?
Send us an email at email@example.com with your resume, LinkedIn, and GitHub or website. We look forward to hearing from you.